Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ascott
    • Jan 2004

Samsung Digimax AVI Playback Problem

I am new and having difficutly playing back the avi clips recorded by my Samsung Digimax 4. I am trying to playback on a PC running XP.

The MSMedia player will not play back the video, only audio. It will playback on Quicktime. It will also playback in Nandub.

I have followed the general guidelines of the form and installed ffdshow. I ran Gspot and it says I have all the codecs required.

To confuse me even more, I am trying to work with this in Premiere. Premiere will not play back the avi in the preview window or the monitor. If I add the avi clip to the timeline and play it will playback the avi.

Very confused! Any help is appreciated!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

could you once again try ffdshow

this is one of the latest versions:

make sure that all formats are set to libavcodec; i.e. ffdshow as playback filter

Comment

• ascott
      • Jan 2004

I loaded the latest that you suggested, I had installed may 2003. I did receive an error for a ffdshow.ax file which I had to ignore. Unfortuantely did not solve my problem.

Thank You for the suggestion.

Comment

• bentse
        • Jun 2004

Hi,

I had the same problem with a Samsung Digimax 360 camera.

I installed ffdshow-20040405, at the Codecs Configuration menu changed the MJPEG player from 'disabled' to 'libavcodec', so now I can play the movies. The only problem is that all of the movie has a bluish color (all the faces and things are like they were painted in blue). I could tune the colors in the ffdshow configuration program, but don't want to do it.

Can anybody solve this problem? Should I use another decoder codec? Which one?

Thanks,
        Bence

Comment

Working...