Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gloriousbritain
    • Jan 2004

Help with audio codec, please?!

I'm pretty new to Codecs etc, and was wondering if anyone can help me with .avi files where the sound is either very low or non-existant!
    I downloaded GSpot v2.1 to see what the problem was, and it told me:

Audio Format
    Code: 0x2000
    Name: WAVE_FORMAT-AC3
    Vendor: "Dolby Laboratories, Inc"
    Gspot was unable to find an audio codec which will decompress this format.
    DirectShow WAS able to render though, see DirectShow Render for more details.

Even though DirectShow was able to render, I still did not have decent sound. Are there any codecs that I need to download in order to make the audio work? If there is, or if there is anything else I can do to make the audio work, could you please let me know?
    Thanx for your patience!
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Seems strange that your audio track on a DivX file is in AC3, but if it is you might want to try HeadAC3he, which can convert the AC3 audio to MP3 with full control over file size, and you can also apply a booster and gainer to increase volume. There are other programs doing this, too, but I can only speak from experience with HeadAC3che. You can easily find a copy by surfing around.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

It is DirectShow AC3 Decoder filter used to palyback AVI files with AC3 sound tracks and DVDs. Multichannel and S/PDIF support. Focused at flexible…

here is a very good ac3 filter, that let's you use gain or other settings you might like in order to increase the volume level

Comment

• gloriousbritain
        • Jan 2004

Thanx guys!

Thanx a million guys!
        I'm gonna give it all a try asap.

Comment

Working...