X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plamen
    • Feb 2004

Movie runs at high speed

Please help!
    After reinstalling Win98SE i have installed my old codecs, that worked excellent and i was able to watch any movie - FFDShow, 3ivX and AC3Decoder and now all movies play at high speed as if i would Fastforward them. Please help!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

latest ffdshow can handle 3ivx

maybe you could deinstall 3ivx and let ffdhsow handle that format in case you'll need it

ffdshow and ac3 codecs run fine on most other systems

in addition to that, did you try reinstalling your player or try a differen one?

like zoomplayer, bsplayer or media player classic

Comment

• plamen
      • Feb 2004

there is some improvment- the first few seconds play ok the next few play at high motion and then again a few at normal motion.
      i don't know what to do. is reinstalling win again going to solve the problem?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

what else did you try so far?

do you by chance have nimo codec pack installed?

Comment

• plamen
          • Feb 2004

well i've reinstalled my windows. than i first installed AC3, than 3ivx, than FFDShow nut with disabled DIVX, mp3g4-1-2-3-4, than Elecard MPEG2 decoder and the Fraunhofer MPEG3 audio decoder from the nimo codec pack. after this installation i was not able to watch the movie at normal motion. i've installed those codec at exactly the same way the last time i've formatted my c:\ and evrything was just fine. i've tried the BSPlayer, RadLight, Zoom and Windows Media Classic and 9.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i'm not too font of nimo codec packs

if i were you i'd get rid of it completely

in case you want a codec packuse the one from tsunami version 3.9.9 (available on my page)

i've used tsunami packs for years and consider them excellent and reliable

AFTER tsunami i'd install an up2date ffdshow version and that should be all one needs for PLAYBACK

Comment

• plamen
              • Feb 2004

well ok but there are hundreds of codecks and filters. what should i install?the full version, the light, the custom version...please tell me

Comment

• plamen
                • Feb 2004

ok i've installed the typical instalation and now the picture quality is bad, the motion is ok, but the sound is wired. It starts normaly for a sec or two and then starts repeating those 2 sec. when i delete the reclock filter i recieve perfect sound and perfect picture but it plays again on high motion. The audio plays at high motion too.

Comment

Working...