• Show
Clear All
  • nicknack
    • Feb 2004

xvid + diamond viper 550

Hello!

I have a computer, PII 400 mhz, 128 mb ram, diamond viper 550 16 mb, etc

What is the problem?
    Divx movies work ok in normal window and in full screen.
    But with xvid i have nothing but trubles. I have tried koepie's and nic's versions. But the problem it the same with both. When i open the movie in normal windows ( in all players wmp 6.4, bs player, rad light) movie playes, but picture jumps out of the window and moves it to the left top corner.
    In the full screen, doesn't picture even resize it. The picture remaines the same, but it moves to the bottom of the left corner. I have no idea what to do! I have tried even with ffshow, well you know what it didn't work.

Any conclusen? The computer is old but it works fine. I hava no problem with him . That's why i don't mean to buy new one. But either i can't watch the movies encode with xvid codec.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

xvid decoder requires a lot of resources

use ffdshow instead!

Comment

• nicknack
      • Feb 2004

it doesn't work. I have tried

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

what exactly do you mean by *it didnt work*

it did not solve your stuttering problem or did ffdshow itself not work?

in addition to using ffdshow use a player that does not need to much system resources like e.g. BSPlayer

reduce colours to 16bit, dont use any postprocessing features, make sure no other applications are running in the background (antivirus etc)

Comment

• nicknack
          • Feb 2004

ffdshow

I'm back! Yes i tried, the ffdshow worked. But it didn't solve my problem. i also tried with 16 bit graphic , bsplayer, etc but still didn't work. I really don't know what to do.

Comment

Working...