X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbento
    • Feb 2002

newbie can't find a way of seeing XviD

Hi!
    I wonder whether anyone has a solution for this.
    There's no way I can see properly a XviD movie. I've tried the "XviD-1.0-RC3-29022004.exe", "Gordian knot", "ffdshow-20040304.exe" and other stuff. I used bsplay, windows media, divx player but nothing. The gspot tells me I have the codec installed but I can only see images with colored moving squares in it. Once and while I see small pieces of the movie in the screen but mostly I see squares. On DivX player sometimes I can fastforward the movie and in this mode to watch a perfect image.
    In ffdshow, I can use as decoder XviD4, XviD and libavcodec. With XviD4 the player freezes, with XviD I got the squares I've been talking about and with libavcodec I got for a while the image but it seems to melt and fall down, like a liquid!!!

I have a PC 1.2 athlon 256 MB memory with GeForce 4 4200 videocard. I use Windows Xp.

Thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

the file may be corrupt

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

Try vlc (videolan) it uses it's own codes and plays most any type of video file. If this doesn't work then I agree with UncasMS.

Comment

• Fook Yu
        Shoe-shinner
        • Jan 2004

You can use Virtualdub(Mod) to scan the movie for errors.
        -------------------------
        Not active user anymore

Comment

• dbento
          • Feb 2002

Thanks.
          I tested it with vlc and I got no better results.
          Then I executed Virtual Dub and I could see a freezed frame perfetcly. Then I've tried to slide the movie bar and it crashed. I got the following message:

"An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'xvidcore'...
          ...while decompressing video frame 41 with "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" [biCompression=44495658] (VideoSource.cpp:1772)."

Could be the file corrupted but even so I could see perfect freezed frames of it and forward it with good image (on DivX Player)?

Comment

• dbento
            • Feb 2002

Oh yeah, I forgot.
            Virtual Dub diagnostic on the XviD movie I am trying to see:
            "54784 frames masked (428 frames bad, 54356 frames good but undecodable)"
            Does it explain the problems I've been experiencing? Is there any way I watch that file or recover it? I really would like not to loose it.
            I don't understand this diagnosis (I am reaaaally a newbie).

Comment

Working...