Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebroccoli
    • Mar 2004

Annoying problem

I have this annoying problem with playing alot of videos files, ive posted around a few places and have gotten hardly any suggestions. The problem is, my video will skip about 1 second, and keep playing, over and over. It seems the bigger the size and better the quality, the more itll skip, also if im uploading or downloading anything, itll skip even more.

Im using a 2.8 p4 800mhz, MSI 648F motherboard.
    1 gig of 3200 memory, a 120gig 7200 WD hd.
    a geforce 4 4600, usin win2k.

ive tried installing a good amt of codecs, uninstalling all of them, and different combos ive read elsewhere, formatting, praying, and a few i cant think of. Nothing seems to work, and im wondering if it could be hardware related.

my old 1800AMD ran stuff fine, but i did format and then problems started happening. I dont know much about codecs and stuff like that, so if any help ya can give me, or need other info about my comp please let me know. The fate of the world is in your hands btw.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Since you're in the Xvid section ... have you tried Fddshow?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

what about:

- virtual memory/cache settings
      - dma mode
      - irq conflicts
      - background tasks

Comment

• thebroccoli
        • Mar 2004

Turns out it probably was the hyperthreading (didnt know win2000 didnt support it, or at least thats what intel says).

Comment

• Hardeep_S
          • Sep 2003

Hey man, i think i had the same problem. The video was dropping frames. I got this new xvid codec and my problem was solved.

Install the xVid codec and uninstall FFDSHOW.

Comment

• thebroccoli
            • Mar 2004

already tried that one, but thanks, and been like 4 days or so with hyperthreading disabled, and been runnin smooth.

Comment

Working...