Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hanneo
    • Sep 2004

Compatible DVD decoder..

A friend of mine installed something called Nimo Codec Pack on my computer because my Media Player would'nt play some stuff i downloaded from Kazaa.
    After he did this I can't play DVD's anymore!! My Intervideo Win DVD won't play it and neither will The Media Player.
    I get this error report: "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer."
    I've tried to uninstall the Nimo Codec Pack, but
    it still won't do anything! I get the same error message! Can anyone please help me? I've also tried to download Mediaplayer 10, but the same message keeps popping up!

I'm very greatfull for any responses!

Hanneo
  • BoF
    • Nov 2001

§6

+

read stickies
    Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...
    [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• Hanneo
      • Sep 2004

Thank you so much for very informative reply. I downloaded FFDShow (The link does'nt work anymore, but i googeld it) and installed it. It worked perfectly with my mediaplayer 10 but not with my Win DVD. I was so happy it worked out because someone in the Media Player Newsgroups told me nothing would work and that i had to reinstall everything on my computer. So happily i unistalled Win DVD since it didn't work..... When i went back to watch the DVD on my Media Player it did'nt work anymore and i got this error message :

"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. Open Display in Control Panel, and then lower your screen resolution and color quality settings. To view the DVD Troubleshooter, click More Information."

So i'm stuck again... Can you please help me again?

Thank you again for all your help! There should be more people like you on the net!!

Sincerely
      Hanneo

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

By uninstalling WinDVD, you also uninstalled the MPEG-2 codec used by WinDVD and WMP to playback DVDs...

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

sorry for the obsolete ffdshow link - i've upated my posting

you will have to re-install a softwareplayer like powerdvd or windvd in order to install the mpeg-2 codec again

another solution is installing tsunami's filterpack via CUSTOM setup and then only installing the ELECARD mpeg-2 codec

Comment

Working...