X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leevic
    • Mar 2002

Playback problem - wierd !?!

Has anyone ever seen this fault !?!

I copied several divx files over to a number of CDR's to free up some space on my HDD.
    On playback they were fine & I had no problems at all.
    I have recently decided to watch a few old films etc but I have a really wierd problem affecting playback now.
    Across the bottom of the screen ( windowed or maximised ) I have a strange green distortion which looks like the graphic equaliser display seen on Winamp or any Hi-Fi.
    Each of it's 'bars' move up & down just like an equaliser but not in time to the audio. The pattern seems random & at its worst can effect 50% of the total screen depth.
    I have tried to play the files through several different players & get the same affect.
    I tried to copy over the files to my HDD & play them from there but the distorion was just the same !!
    I have reinstalled windows & all the players & the effect is the same.
    My system is a PIII - 450hz, 128 base RAM with standard video & audio cards.

Any help would be much appreciated as the files affect come close to 8.5GB & I'm only a 56k-er.

TIA
  • leevic
    • Mar 2002

Problem sorted & for all your info !!

After much messing around I found the problem to be with my hardward acceleration for video display.

On both PC's this was set to maximum. I notched it down to 75% with the slider & robert's your father's brother !!!

I suspect the problem is the slow deterioration of my motherboard given the fact that my PC's on 24 /7 downloading & has been for about 6 months now.

If anyone has any idea how I can go back up to max. acceleration without the same problems I would much appreciate it.

You learn something new with every blue screen !!!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Haven't I seen this on a different thread?

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

I love multi posts

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

closed due to crossposting

Comment

Working...