X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

'MP43'{Microsoft High-Speed MPEG-4V3}.
    just as i suspected. i knew this would be the case with that frame rate. that makes TMPGenc choke every time. anyway, all you need to do is re-compress the avi in virtualdub to divx

open virtualdub(not virtualdubmod) load the avi. under video select full processing mode>compression>use divx>click ok. go to audio>direct stream copy.

go to file>save as avi> give a new name and now use THIS file to encode in tmpgenc like before.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2004

Hey there:

I tried to open the file in Virtualdub. I couldn't get it to open, so I tried another video that has the proper frame rate as per your guide. It has 3 different .avi files. I have encoded all of them as per your guide. Everthing seems to have worked perfectly. Now do I have to combine all 3 .mpg files into 1 before I use TMPGenc DVD Author???

( Lt. Columbo: Just to let you know, I haven't given up on the other .avi files. I just wanted to run through the process to have an understanding of what I am doing before I take on the files that require a little more advanced knowledge. Once I get this one going, I am looking forward to working with you on the other.)

Thanks,

jwmghf
      Last edited by jwmghf; 16 Feb 2006, 10:53 AM.
      System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
      Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

I have encoded all of them as per your guide. Everthing seems to have worked perfectly. Now do I have to combine all 3 .mpg files into 1 before I use TMPGenc DVD Author???
        do you want them joined? as if they were 3 parts of the same video? if so, then you let dvd author join them, by adding them to the SAME track as mentioned in the guide.

as for the original avi and why it won't open in vdub, post EXACTLY what the error is when you get back to that project
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Oct 2004

Hey there:

I will get back to that project soon. I tried to let dvd author join them and it says:
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The video resolution 352x480 is not compatible with the current track. It is necessary to standardize the resolution on the track. The resolution of the current track is 720x480.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avi 1 and 3 are 352x480. Avi 2 is 720x480. Is there a way to standardize this??

If not, I guess I could burn a dvd with Avi 1 and Avi 3 on it and then burn Avi 2 to a separate dvd. I would prefer to be able to burn the dvd in the proper sequence if at all possible.

Thanks,

John
          System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Avi 1 and 3 are 352x480. Avi 2 is 720x480. Is there a way to standardize this??
            yes re-encode it with tmpgenc plus. you must have "like" resolutions for files on the same track (joined files). the only other way is to add them as seperate tracks and just live with a brief 2 second pause between files as they playback on a dvd player. but this is sloppy and i highly suggest you just re-encode the one avi so all 3 have the same resolution.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Oct 2004

Hey Lt. Columbo:

That worked!! And I got the it encoded perfectly. I am now trying to make a .wav file in VirualDub and I get this error when I load the .avi:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatiblity. This may introduce up to 4165 ms of skew form the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 120.3 [+ or -] 15.1 kbps).

Is this ok? If not, how do I decompress/recompress the audio stream?

Thanks,

jwmghf
              System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

yeah that's fine just hit ok and proceed to make the wav as outlined in the guide
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Oct 2004

Hey Lt. Columbo:

I am encoding a movie with 25fps, do I still load audio as a wave file?? I loaded the avi for DVD PAL. Are there any more settings to change in TMPGEnc Plus and the other programs discussed in your guide??

Thanks,

jwmghf
                  System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

you can load the audio if you made a wav file from it. if it's say mp3 audio already, then it isn't needed. what is mentioned in the guide are the basics and all you should really need for PAL encoding.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Oct 2004

Thanks Lt.:

For all your help!!!

jwmghf
                      System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

it's nothin...
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Oct 2004

Lt:

By default, the audio changes to CBR Linear PCM Audio. Should I change it to CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2) or just leave it?? And under MPEG Settings, do I still check mark the Inverse Telecine??

Thanks,

jwmghf
                          Last edited by jwmghf; 20 Feb 2006, 02:56 AM.
                          System Details:

Comment

• Frank784
                            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by jwmghf
                            Lt:

By default, the audio changes to CBR Linear PCM Audio. Should I change it to CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2) or just leave it?? And under MPEG Settings, do I still check mark the Inverse Telecine??

Thanks,

jwmghf
                            If you're trying to do what I do and encode a PAL .avi file, you don't check off the inverse telecine. According to his guide, you only do it with , 23 and 29.97 fps source videos.

-Frank

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

Should I change it to CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2) or just leave it?? And under MPEG Settings, do I still check mark the Inverse Telecine??
                              yes i'd change it to CBR mpeg-1 layer II, and frank is correct on the second part--read the guide. and remember these settings are dependant upon the directshow file reader being set as outlined at the beginning of guide--leave it there.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                                Gold Member
                                Gold Member
                                • Oct 2004

Hey Lt. Columbo:

I am using ac-3fix. I have two separate .AC3 files for my movie. One loaded up fine in TMPGEnDVD Author. The second one did not. Do I run ac-3fix on both files or just the one giving me the problem???

Thanks,

jwmghf
                                Last edited by jwmghf; 21 Feb 2006, 10:11 AM.
                                System Details:

Comment

Working...