Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enriqueg
    • Apr 2006

No audio in .avi

Try to be brief:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Have a DVD player (Philips DVP642) where I want to see movies caught with my photographic camera (Canon A610). The camera creates .avi but for some reason is not recognized by the DVD player.
    So I've downloaded VirtualDubMod and compress with XviD MPEG-4 Codec. Resulted file plays well but without sound. Then also with VirtualDubMod try various audio compressions (with Codecs: GSM 6.10; IMA ADPCM; Microsoft ADPCM) but still no sound in the DVD player.
    Could you help me? I'm messing around with this issue for a while and am a little frustrated.
    Thanks a lot, Enriqueg
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

convert audio to mp3

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

one of the many very simple softwares (free too) that will do it
      BeLight is a new Graphical User Interface for BeSweet, one of the best audio tools for transcoding.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Enriqueg
        • Apr 2006

Ok. I've tried to download several MP3 codecs to use with VirtualDubMod to convert the audio part of the .avi to MP3 but none of them appeared in the Streams==>Stream list==> (right click)==>Compression window. Could you recommend me any site to download one that I could use? Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Enriqueg
          • Apr 2006

Thanks Columbo. I've downloaded BeLight but seems that output is ONLY MP3 and I need a .avi with audio part in MP3 (there is no option to select output format as .avi). Thanks again. That's why I've asked UncasMS for a MP3 codec to use with VirtualDubMod.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

install this
            Download LAME MP3 Encoder 4.0, LAME 3.101, 3.99.5, 3.98.4 : LAME MP3 Encoder is the best mp3 encoder and is available for free!

belight isn't limited to mp3. it's an audio processor.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Enriqueg
              • Apr 2006

Hi LT. Columbo, great help. The good news is I’ve downloaded and used Lame MP3 with VirtualDubMod, thanks!

The bad news is still no audio. What I’ve done is:

My original .avi file has audio in PCM format, and VirtualDubMod gives an error message if I try to compress from PCM to MP3. So I compressed first with another codec (i.e. GMS, or IMAADPCM, or MS ADPCM) and then took this compressed file and compress to Lame MP3. Up to this point everything seems fine.
              But after burn and play in the DVD player, this is what happened: the first frame is showed, then a black screen, then 4 o 5 skipping more frames and then stopped (of course no audio). Trying some options in VirtualDubMod compression window, I quit the Interleave option and make the same test. Surprisingly this time the .avi played fine…but still without sound.
              Its kind a frustrating results but I’m still trying, could you suggest me how to continue?

Thanks a lot,

Enriqueg.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

My original .avi file has audio in PCM format, and VirtualDubMod gives an error message if I try to compress from PCM to MP3.
                what's the error?
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...