Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

your system will work (i better say should here since we're dealing with M$ )

Comment

• DonnY
      • Mar 2003

ok i'll have to trust you .. theres over 100 codecs there so no wonder they are conflicting

Comment

• waterfirewood
        • Mar 2003

I would just like to add my two cents on this problem with WMP shutting down after installing Tsunami 3.9.9 I had this problem repeatedly, and I also installed it Custom, leaving all the defaults.

I'm wondering if this is some sort of compatibility issue between WindowsXP and Tsunami, as I did not encounter any problems between Tsunami on my older system which runs Windows 2000. Of course, I also only used the mini Tsunami pack from Uncas' site, so that may also have something to do with it.

At any rate, I am interested in seeing if anyone can work these issues out. I had posted previously about my difficulties with WMP and getting codecs installed, and the last advice Uncas gave was to install another player. We installed Zoomplayer and that seems to be working okay, but I still have yet to reinstall any of my codec packs. I would like to see if there is anything to my theory on the compatibility issue between XP and Tsunami.

Danielle

PS - For the record, I am not running the professional addition of XP (yet) as the computer is brand spanking new, and we don't have the money yet for the upgrade. Not sure if that makes a difference either.

Comment

• zbrister
          • Mar 2003

im having the same problem with my windows and my divx player has no sound windows media always shuts down when i try to play or open a file except for the one movie file i already had before all the problems started first of all i was have problems with sound from windows media so i installed nimo codec packs, but thats when windows media started shuting down so i uninstalled it and my windows would play but with no sound agian so i installed tsunami codec and it went back to the problem agian i tried to uninstall it but im not sure if i did because the problem still happens

Comment

Working...