• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Ok:

Here's a minor issue.... I have a movie that doesn't show any info. in the Properties/Summary tab. It is an .avi. It plays fine in Windows Media Player 10(it has video and audio.) I can't make a .wav file with VirtualDub(it give me an error). I converted the file to an MPEG file with TMPGE and tried to burn it. I got the video, but, no audio. So I played the MPEG in WMP and found I also do not have audio. What do you think?? Is this possibly a codec problem??? Or lack of should I say.

Thanks Lt,

jwmghf
    Last edited by jwmghf; 26 Feb 2006, 03:52 AM.
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Open the .avi file in Virtualdub.Click File/File information.Post the screenshot.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• jwmghf
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2004

It won't even load it. It says, "Cannot detect file type of E:\.....xxxxxx.xxxx.Playnow.avi".

That's it.

jwmghf
        Last edited by jwmghf; 27 Feb 2006, 07:22 AM.
        System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• jwmghf
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Oct 2004

Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,

jwmghf
          System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

try loading it in gspot
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Oct 2004

Nice to see you back Lt!!!

I opened the .avi in Gspot and it did indeed open. The only info the program is giving me is that the avi is a real media file. The video and audio codecs all say, "n.a.". Here is some additional info:

Size: 430 MB
              Stat: File is RealMedia(.RM)

Stream Type and A/V Interleave:

Type: application/vnd.rn-realmedia IMRR: n.a.

Under DirectShow Render:
              (I hit the "Render button and it says)

Video Src Type: 4cc: RV40 Audio Src: 4cc: COOK

Video path: (S) --> RealMedia Splitter --> RealVideo Decoder --> (R)
              Audio path: (S) --> RealMedia Splitter --> RealAudio Decoder --> AC3Filter --> (R)

Can a .rm avi be converted to a .wmp avi? Would this help??

Thanks,

jwmghf
              Last edited by jwmghf; 3 Mar 2006, 06:45 AM.
              System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

gee you know i've never attempted a .rm file in tmpgenc---don't think it can be done in that format. i'd simply download a trial of the rm converter, convert that to something useful like avi or mpg--then use tmpgenc.

i think our very own anonymez might have a guide for this---i could be wrong though, (might be something else)

EDIT: i did some searching of the forum and found it. anonymez made it.
                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Mar 2006, 07:18 AM.
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Oct 2004

Thanks Lt:

I'll check out the guide and let you know how I make out.

jwmghf
                  System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

please do. i spent a few minutes trying to find that link...not to mention anonymez's efforts in making the guide!
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Oct 2004

Hey Lt. Columbo:

Well it worked like a champ!!! I've got audio on the dvd. Thanks for taking the extra few minutes to hook me up with anonymez's guide. Once virtualdub accepted the .avi, All went smooth.

I did notice once I loaded up the .avi and the .wav in TMPGEnc and ran through all the steps. I followed the guidelines for if the frame rate was 23fpm. (As I mentioned earlier, the Summary area in Properties had no info at all.) When I began to process the files, I noticed that the Inverse telecine process only lasted for one second or so. That raised a red flag to me. That process usually takes a while. Does that tell you anything??? Could it be a different frame rate?? (I don't think the file is from a dvd. I saw its a TS avi, whatever that means. 644.66MB) What do you think?

jwmghf
                      System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

yeah that would be normal for a file of ten seconds in length, but you did other processing don't forget. most important, does the final file have smooth playback? the reason for checking the inverse telecine is only when the directshow is set to the highest using 23.976 fps source. you did take some extra steps using anonymez's guide and had an RM file which i haven't done before---but the main thing is how it came out...
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Oct 2004

Hey LT:

And the problems just keep on comin'!!!! I am having a codec issue with an avi file. I tried to load the file with TMPGEnc and I couldn't. I also tried to see the video in WMP and it said I was missing a codec. I followed the link to see if I could get it from the Microsoft website. Of course I couldn't. I beleive I am looking for X264. I found and installed it but I still cannot load it in TMPGEnc (and no video in WMP.)

I ran GSpot and here's what it said about the video codec:

Codec
                          4CC: H264/x264 Name: ITU H.26n
                          Stat: Codec Not Installed!(More info...)

Any clues???

Thanks,

jwmghf
                          Last edited by jwmghf; 7 Mar 2006, 06:38 AM.
                          System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

install this and try again
                            Download the x264 Video Codec (AVC) for free and enhance your video encoding experience with high-quality compression and efficient encoding.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Oct 2004

I installed the codec and TMPGEnc still says, "can not open , or unsupported. GSpot still says Codec NOT Installed. At the bottom of GSpot, it says:

DirectShow Render

Video Src Type: Its blank

Video Path: Blank too

Could I have a possible conflict??? Maybe I have to unistall DivX or something else?? What do you think?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                              System Details:

Comment

• anonymez
                                Super Moderator
                                • Mar 2004

the x264 package only contains the encoder, not (vfw)decoder; you've gotta install ffdshow, then

go start-->program files-->ffdshow-->vfw codec configuration

click the 'decoder' tab, then 'codecs' in the left column. scroll down the list to h264, change from 'disabled' to 'libavcodec'. click OK.

happy encoding
                                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...