X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

I'm back!!! And it's great to see you guys again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially you Lt.

I'll hit you with the issues tomorrow.

Later for now,

jwmghf
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

good to see you, i spotted you viewing this thread yesterday. hope the re-format went ok
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2004

Yeah, I'm back!!!

Ok here's where I stand:

I re-formatted and reloaded everything. I tried loading up all the codecs I had before and couldn't get them to work with this avi. So, I loaded up the K-Lite pack. That seems to have worked. I can now make the mpg with video and audio. When I burn it to a dvd, I still get the watery sounding audio on my tv. When I play the dvd on my computer the sound is perfect. Do you think we can fix this? I am wondering if the audio file is not what it says it is in Properties/Summary.

Is it possible to take the audio from a different avi and overlay it? Would this be an easier option?

Thanks,

jwmghf
        System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

IMO you should toss that k l-ite pack. i've used it back in the day and it's a POS. while some may work fine, it isn't needed. i wouldn't have installed a whole slough of things right off the bat. post the screenshot of this file loaded in virtualdub (the original avi).

BTW this file has mpeg-layer 3 audio--yes?
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

I had a feeling you were gonna say that about the K-lite pack. I will uninstall it. Is there a list of the major codecs to load up? I know of the ffdshow, divx, xvid.

I'll get a screenshot of the file when I am in front of my computer and yes the audio is (or at least says) mpeg-layer 3.
            System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

well to be honest i'd install only what's needed based on the files you have (determined by the file info in vdub).
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

I have converted from Pal format to NTSC. Here is the link you gave me for the conversion.

(It worked great!!!)

Is this your guide? If not, please forward your link. I will have a look at it.

Thanks,

jwmghf
                System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by jwmghf
                  Hey Lt:

I have converted from Pal format to NTSC. Here is the link you gave me for the conversion.

(It worked great!!!)

Is this your guide? If not, please forward your link. I will have a look at it.

Thanks,

jwmghf
                  hey bud
                  no it's not my guide but mine is very similar. i wanted to make one as simple as possible for first timers with no special settings as everyone is always affraid to get audio sync problems. using my guide you will NEVER get them--guaranteed. here it is
                  Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author

best of luck for all your future endeavours
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Thanks for the thread to your guide. I will certainly read it. I have a question for you. I have a dvd that I burned. I was going to re-burn it and add chapters to it. As you know, I had to re-format my computer about a month ago and lost the original .avi file from the above mentioned dvd.

What would be the best way to convert the dvd back so that I can add the chapters to it using TMPGEnc Author?

Also, how can I convert it all the way back to its original state.... as an .avi?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                    System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

Hey Lt:

Thanks for the thread to your guide. I will certainly read it. I have a question for you. I have a dvd that I burned. I was going to re-burn it and add chapters to it. As you know, I had to re-format my computer about a month ago and lost the original .avi file from the above mentioned dvd.

What would be the best way to convert the dvd back so that I can add the chapters to it using TMPGEnc Author?

Also, how can I convert it all the way back to its original state.... as an .avi?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                      hey good to see you

magic dvd ripper, check the forum. you do get a trial. there is also staxrip
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Oct 2004

As always, good to see you too!! Thanks for the good info. I'll check them both out and report back as to how I make out. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!

Later for now,

jwmghf
                        System Details:

Comment

• jwmghf
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Here's a quick question:

I have an film that's 2 .avi's long. They are AC3 encoded. Should I follow your guide and encode each .avi with a .wav file(Not Using the Wizard)?? And finally finish up using an .AC3/.AC3.Fixed files for the TMPGEnc Author 1.6?

If this question isn't clear, please let me know.

Your bud,

jwmghf
                          Last edited by jwmghf; 22 May 2006, 11:41 AM.
                          System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

perfectly clear my friend. the task is easy too, real easy.

if the source framerate is 23.976 fps then definetly use the wizard (less chance of error). demux the AC3 audio stream (you want to keep that on the final product) with virtualDubMOD. convert that AC3 stream to .wav only for TMPGEnc to encode (this way you can be sure the audio/video sync is ok, if not i'll tell you how correct). On the authoring stage use the demuxed AC3 stream as the audio source (you'll likely will have to "repair" it with besliced or AC3fix as TMPGEnc dvd author pukes at many AC3 streams). the easiest most straight-forward AC3 to wav conversion i know, see here.
                            Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author

p.s. if your source framerate is 25 fps (PAL) let me know, i wrote a guide on how to convert to NTSC if you haven't seen it yet.
                            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 22 May 2006, 12:02 PM.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Oct 2004

Of course I forgot to mention the the frame rate is 25fps. So its 2 .avi's at 25fps and the audio is the ac-3 stream. What's the best way to attack this? Here's what I've tried so far:

I ran both .avi's through TMPGEnc not using the Wizard. Demuxed them and then ran them through DGPulldown. I created the .wav files for the audio and I also created the .ac3 files using VirtualDubMod and I fixed the 2nd .ac3 audio stream using ac3-fix. That's where I'm at. If this is all correct up until now, I guess I should load the .m2vpulldown's into TMPGEnc Author along with the .ac3 and ac3.fixed audio files and let'r rip!!!

Is that what you would do?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                              Last edited by jwmghf; 23 May 2006, 01:29 AM.
                              System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

Of course I forgot to mention the the frame rate is 25fps. So its 2 .avi's at 25fps and the audio is the ac-3 stream. What's the best way to attack this? Here's what I've tried so far:

I ran both .avi's through TMPGEnc not using the Wizard. Demuxed them and then ran them through DGPulldown. I created the .wav files for the audio and I also created the .ac3 files using VirtualDubMod and I fixed the 2nd .ac3 audio stream using ac3-fix. That's where I'm at. If this is all correct up until now, I guess I should load the .m2vpulldown's into TMPGEnc Author along with the .ac3 and ac3.fixed audio files and let'r rip!!!

Is that what you would do?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                                yes, all correct! you're a quick learner
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...