• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Hey Anonymez:

Thanks for chiming in. I'll let you know how I make out. And thanks for your guide also. It was perfect!!!

jwmghf
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

no prob get ffdshow from http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiw...etting+ffdshow
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jwmghf
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2004

Anonymez:

Thanks again. I am ATI(all tucked in).

jwmghf
        System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• codelock
          • Mar 2006

I have a delema as well.

Currently at my job I have access to the following tools:

Adobe Primere Pro 2.0
          Adobe Encore DVD 2.0
          Adobe CS2 Suite
          Sony Soundforge
          Fruity Loops

I have a had full of raw avi videos that are at a resolution roughly 520x390ish res. In order import into Encore, it needs to be at the standardized 720x480. I have some additional AVI files that are at the resolution as well.

This is what I did. The mixed resolution files need to still be edited (Which I am doing to do via PP2.0) There needs to be about 2 mins cut off each clip, and some simple transition replacements. Once I did the appropreate changes to the AVI file I export and encoded to a Microsoft DV AVI format.

With changing my aspect ratio I assumed the file would grow in size, but what happened was my original 231 MB AVI file turned out ot be 4.77 GB by changing the aspect ratio. Any idea why this occured and how I can maintain the files size (maybe keep it under 1 GB), while still doing the simple changes that need to be done?

As a side note, I did notice that the bitrate on the original file is 128 kbps to a whopping 1523 kbps. I figured there is something I am overlooking one way or another.

The video quailty exported and the original are identicial besides the resolution change. Please help anyone that can assist. Thanks.

-codelock

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

Hey guys:

I keep running into files that are stored as .bin and .cue. Is there a way to convert these files to files that TMPGEnc will support?? I tried to use VCDGear. It did convert it, but, TMPGEnc still wouldn't open it?? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

jwmghf
            Last edited by jwmghf; 13 Mar 2006, 05:15 AM.
            System Details:

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

"What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jwmghf
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Oct 2004

Hi Guys:

I have an avi that was that was filmed at 23fps. I ran it through the TMPGEnc Wizard process. I selected all the correct settings as per the Lt.'s guide and I did select Inverse Telecine. The picture came out a little choppy. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the choppiness??

Thanks,

jwmghf
                System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

important: when you did that, was directshow raised as outlined in the guide?

also, are you 100% the original plays smooth?
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Oct 2004

Hey Lt.:

I don't recall see if directshow was raised? And I deleted the avi I used because I assumed I had a clean rip. I got the avi from MegaShares which is in the middle of a big update. I would download it from somewhere else and try again , but, this particular avi was encoded in AC-3. All the others I have tried are mpeg layer-3. That's the delay. I will post again when MegaShares comes back online.

Thanks again,

jwmghf
                    System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok because that is the important factor. if you encoded it with directshow at default setting and used inverse telecine, you will always get choppy output. as the guide explains, it is written with directshow raised and ALWAYS left there. IMO there is no reason to NOT leave it raised. so in other words, all of the procedures in the guide are written with the directshow already raised.

if everything is done right, and it is still choppy--then it is the file itself that has bad frames etc. lett us know

by the way, go in and check the environmental settings>vfapi tab and see if it's at the top of the list.
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 20 Mar 2006, 04:05 AM.
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Oct 2004

Ok I still have not gotten back to megashares to re-download that avi. I do, however, have another question.

I have another avi that was filmed at 25fps. I've got perfect video. The audio format under Properties/Summary are MPEG Layer-3. I ran through TMPGnc using the guide for 25fps. After DGPulldown, I load the proper files into TMPGEnc Author and let it ride....
                        I don't get any sound at all out of the mp2 file that Pulldown created. So I loaded up the .wav I made with Virtualdub and try again. Now the dvd has perfect sound on my computer, however, when I stick it in my dvd player I get a very clean sound that sounds like water and when people talk you can hear them but not clearly enough to know what they are saying. I tried created another .wav and tried again. I get the same thing??? Just to let you know I may have changed a couple of setting in Virtualdub, but I think I set them back to the original defaults. What do you think??

Thanks,

jwmghf
                        System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

dgpulldown should make you a .m2v file. it is tmpgenc and the de-multiplexing that gives you the .mp2 audio file. now, does the encoded file from tmpgenc (before de-multiplexing) have proper sound? if that file had mpeg layer 3 audio there is no need to make a wav file.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Oct 2004

Hey Lt.:

I am re-encoding it now. I'll have an answer in about an hour.

Thanks,

jwmghf

The Hour Update:

It's taking longer than I thought. I'll repost later or in the AM.
                            Last edited by jwmghf; 24 Mar 2006, 02:09 PM.
                            System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

that's swell, the am i'll be back. i have a big case i'm workin on.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

Good luck LT for the waiting, I am getting headach dealing with my avi file that wont load in any thing, after get ting the ffshow, they load but take a long time to transfer them to dvd file, 30 hours I dont know what can I do to make them go faster
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...