• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

It burned perfectly. Thanks for all the support. I'll talk to you soon.

Later,

jwmghf
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by jwmghf
      Hey Lt:

It burned perfectly. Thanks for all the support. I'll talk to you soon.

Later,

jwmghf
      be well
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jwmghf
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Hope you had a great weekend. I did. Lot's of booze!!! But that's a topic for another forum

I just got a flick with some sub-titles. I have never needed to include them in a burn. Is it an easy thing to do? There are 2 separate .srt files. I assume one for each .avi. I don't know what to do with them. And I'm going to the source for this one!!

Talk to you soon.

jwmghf
        Last edited by jwmghf; 1 Jun 2006, 10:31 AM.
        System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

hey good to see ya

well unfortunately TMPGEnc stll does not support subtitles. not even DVD author 2.0. they just made the leap to multiple audio streams. so unless you want to wait several years for that and want to keep the subtitles, try ben's great system here. 100% freeware too

otherwise you can omit them completely using the same basic procedures you already use.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Sounds like it's something I should put to rest for a while. I'll check out your link, but, it sounds like more of a PIA than it's worth. Who cares if it's free or not. If I do give it a whirl, I'll let you know how I make out.

Have a good night and I'll talk to you soon,

jwmghf
            Last edited by jwmghf; 2 Jun 2006, 10:40 AM.
            System Details:

Comment

• jwmghf
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Can TMPGEnc handle an MP4 format? I tried to open the file with a bunch of programs and none could successfully. I don't know if as simply as a codec or if the particular format needs to be opened with something else.

Talk to you soon,

jwmghf
              System Details:

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

Can TMPGEnc handle an MP4 format?
                http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...073#post408073

"What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jwmghf
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Oct 2004

Hey Anonomez:

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the guide. I got it going. Now that TMPGEnc loads the file, I have one more question. How can I tell what the video and audio type is? ( ie. fps or ac-3 ect... ).

Thanks,

jwmghf
                  Last edited by jwmghf; 8 Jun 2006, 03:03 AM.
                  System Details:

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

How can I tell what the video and audio type is? ( ie. fps or ac-3 ect... ).
                    you could play it in a player such as media player classic or VLC, go file-->properties, should be info on streams. btw mp4 specs don't allow ac3

alternatives are YAMB or for more detailed video info (depends on codec) a hex editor
                    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• melbeauty
                      • Jul 2006

I am new to burning and I am having a heck of a time I have downloaded some movies that I would like to burn but am having no luck doing it I keep getting icons with windows media player I downloaded ripit4me but it seems to only work for copying dvd's can someone please help me with this

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

let's make sure we observe rule 6
                        Last edited by Chewy; 13 Jul 2006, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• jwmghf
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Oct 2004

Hey Melbeauty:

It's kind of a lengthy process, but, it works awesome. Read through this guide and download the programs that Lt. Columbo mentions. Try to follow the instructions and when you have any questions feel free to post here. Your in the right place if you want a good lesson in making dvd's.

Later,

jwmghf
                          System Details:

Comment

• jwmghf
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Oct 2004

Hey Lt:

Hope things are good. I have been running into a lot a .avi's that say they are 23fps. When I create the .mpg and take a look at it, the .mpg is jumpy. So I go through the 25fps routine and it works great. Any clue why the Summary details would be wrong?

Talk to you soon,

jwmghf
                            System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

this happens, that is why i always say to preview the outputted file from TMPGEnc. sometimes you will find the original files framerate has been changed, also be sure the audio in sync.

sure you followed the guide right? inverse telecine checked and directshow raised? "content of video" set to "film movie"?

this screen just like so?

Last edited by LT. Columbo; 14 Jul 2006, 02:16 AM.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                                Gold Member
                                Gold Member
                                • Oct 2004

Hey Guys:

Hope everyone is good. I am having an issue with ffdshow. When TMPGEnc Plus starts encoding my .avi, only the ffdshow video decoder is opening. (It actually looks like the audio decoder opens for a second and then closes.) Usually it stays open. I'm sure I didn't do something correctly and was wondering if you could give me a clue.

I currently have these codecs on my machine:

ffdshow-20060828-rev2546
                                x264 ver. 523
                                XviD-1.1.0-30122005 _Final Release

That's it. So what do you think?

Thanks,

jwmghf
                                System Details:

Comment

Working...