• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Ok:

Here's the scoop. I re-encoded the file with TMPGEnc. I used the .avi as the video and audio source. It created the xxxxx.mpg file. The video works great, but, there is no audio. By the way, this is the second .avi now in a row that has had great video and no audio. Both audio files are MPEG Layer-3 and are 25fps. So what do you think???

jwmghf
    Last edited by jwmghf; 24 Mar 2006, 05:34 PM.
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i've never had problems with any mpeg layer 3 audio in tmpgenc VBR or not, doesn't matter. directshow being raised is all that is required so try the following from this FAQ

No Audio on Output File After Using TMPGEnc
      This is usually caused by the compression on the audio of the source file. If it is an AVI file it is very common. With an AVI file the easiest things to do here are set DirectShow Multimedia File Reader's priority to 2 or even better demcompress the audio!

To change the priority of DirectShow, this is done simply by clicking option - environmental setting. Click the VFAPI plug-in tab. You will see DirectShow in the list usually with a priority of -1. Right click on the NAME (not the priority) and click higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. To decompress the audio for better results, do the following with VirtualDUB...

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
      2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
      3. Click Audio - Compression. Select and click ok
      4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

nighttran

what software are you using that's taking 30 hrs? what settings have you selected?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jwmghf
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Oct 2004

"directshow being raised is all that is required"

When you say being raised, you are reffering to ffdshow audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder showing in my systray, right?
          System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

All my TMPGEnc settings are correct. I still am not getting audio after TMPGEnc encodes to the .mpg file.

Now here's another thing. I can make a .wav file that has sound from the same avi, but, when I load it into TMPGEnc Author and let it do it thing there is still no audio in the dvd files. Any thoughts???

jwmghf
            Last edited by jwmghf; 25 Mar 2006, 06:46 AM.
            System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

"directshow being raised is all that is required"

When you say being raised, you are reffering to ffdshow audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder showing in my systray, right?
              no this is done within tmpgenc's interface. use the steps i listed above. this is important.

also: what procedures do you use to create the wav? the same on listed in the guide? you are making a mistake somewhere, this is never a problem.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Oct 2004

Ok, I got you now. DirectShow is and has been raised to the top with the Priority at number 2.

When I make the .wav, I do as the guide says, with the only addition of clicking on "conversion" and putting a dot in 48000Hz and a check mark in High Quality. I do this in between steps 2 and 3 of the guide. I think that's right.

Under the Audio tab in Virtual Dub, does the dot belong next to Source Audio as apposed to No audio or Wav audio??

Update:

I tried to uninstall and re-install TMPGEnc so I could start at the programs defaults, but it seems that all the settings stayed the same. I did re-boot after the uninstall. Something is really wrong because I tried to encode a 23fps using the Project Wizard and that didn't give me audio on the .mpg either. I'm stuck! I will do whatever it takes to fix this. Should I uninstall everything I have loaded up and then re-install it?? I don't know if that would do it or not. What do you think?

jwmghf
                Last edited by jwmghf; 25 Mar 2006, 11:13 AM.
                System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

man you got somethin goin on your pc, i'm not sure what. but with vdub it should be on source audio and full processing mode. maybe try a system restore?
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Oct 2004

That's what I attempted and I must have turned it off the last time I ran a virus scan and never turned it back on!!!!! I am running a scan now. Hopefully that cures the issue. Man am I PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP'ed. I'll get through this and get back.

jwmghf
                    System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok. let me know. obviously something lies beneath--beyond tmpgenc and vdub.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

I think I will have to learn about this stubs now , I bought cucusoft but it is still not free
                        sigpic

Comment

• jwmghf
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Oct 2004

Ok,....UHHHH..... I'm back. I had 8,200+ viruses on my machine! That's a record for me. It must have been one of those multiplying ones. Getting them off was a real fiasco!!! On the phone with Norton techies for a day and a half. Man, I am lucky my wife is away. It took from my last post until now to clear it up. It wasn't a simple run Norton and your done. I installed Norton on an already polluted machine. Don't ever do that!!!

I still am getting no audio. So I think the viruses must have currupted one of the programs or one of the codecs. I tried to unistall and re-install the Xvid and Divx codecs, but I'm not sure if they were the right ones. Do you know of a link that can take me to the proper place to download both of these codecs?? That would be helpful. The ones I downloaded looked a little different to me than I remember when I originally downloaded them.

Thanks,

jwmghf
                          Last edited by jwmghf; 27 Mar 2006, 10:36 AM.
                          System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

sorry to hear about your troubles. this FAQ should help you
                            Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author

as for the codecs you request, go to videohelp.com and search for them--they are good.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jwmghf
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Oct 2004

Thanks Lt.:

I'll probably re-format tomorrow if I don't get any action tonight. I'm backing up now. Thanks for the link.

Later for now,

jwmghf
                              System Details:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

np, i'll look forward to hearing how things go.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...